Corporate bathrooms are often overlooked when it comes to workplace design and amenities. However, these spaces can have a significant impact on the comfort and productivity of employees, as well as the overall impression of the company. Even small improvements and little touches can make a big difference in the functionality and aesthetics of corporate bathrooms design. There are many simple ways to enhance the experience of using these often-neglected spaces. Let’s talk about some of the little touches that can transform corporate bathrooms into welcoming and functional environments for employees and visitors alike.
8 Upgrades to Improve Corporate Bathroom Design
From being vital to an employee’s health to sending a wordless message about the company, corporate bathrooms have their own unique story to tell. To ensure that your story is memorable and lasting, we have suggested some bathroom upgrades below. Make an upgrade and witness the transformation for yourself!
- Adding a Coat of Paint or Wallpaper: Constant usage of water and chemicals affects the walls, leading to problems like bathroom condensation. A coat of paint or wallpaper will protect the walls for longer and give them a new life.
- Installing Art or Mirrors: Sense of motivation and will to work hard, is what every corporation desires from its employees. What if I tell you that art and mirrors can do that easily? According to Vastu Shastra, mirrors play a big role in bringing and sustaining positive energy anywhere they are placed. They can be the tool needed for sustenance by reducing negativity. At the same time, art can increase thoughtfulness and leave a calming effect.
- Adding Plants: Plants in the bathroom? I’m sure you’re wondering if it’s possible. Yes! Bathroom plants are the newest decorating trend. Their ability to absorb moisture, purify the air, reduce infectants, and, most importantly, be environmentally friendly make them the best choice. Choose a plant that complements the environment of your bathroom. Such as low or high sunlight, humidity levels, and matching to the image. Boston ferns, lilies, and aloe vera are some plants to start your search with.
- Adding Touchless Faucets, Toilets, and Paper Towel Dispensers: Illnesses caused by the use of shared restrooms are a common issue. The numerous points of contact on every bathroom accessory create an environment in which diseases can easily spread and affect a large number of people. This issue, however, can be solved by installing touchless bathroom accessories. Touchless accessories, which are equipped with advanced sensing technology, help reduce the need for physical contact, resulting in a more hygienic and healthier experience for all.
- Providing Feminine Hygiene Products: Feminine hygiene differs greatly from male hygiene, necessitating extra care and attention. The business world must recognise this! Providing the best possible experience will necessitate significant change. Begin by providing basic hygiene products such as sanitary napkins and waste disposal.
- Scented Candles or Air Fresheners: When it comes to dealing with unpleasant odours in restrooms, scented candles or air fresheners can be a game changer. Entering a smelly lavatory can be frustrating, hence it’s critical to address the issue and make the visitor experience more pleasant. You can effectively eliminate any unpleasant odours and create a more calming and inviting environment for your guests by using air fresheners and scented candles designed for restrooms. These products will leave your lavatory smelling fresh and clean, giving your visitors a favourable impression of your establishment.
- High-Quality Hand Soap and Lotion: Many corporations tend to overlook the importance of these small details, even after investing significant resources in designing their bathroom spaces. By providing employees and guests with high-quality hand soap and lotion, you can help them stay healthy and reduce the spread of bacteria. Furthermore, it demonstrates the corporation’s commitment to attention to detail, creating a more positive impression for both employees and clients.
- Individual/Extra Hand Towels: Providing hand towels is a simple and effective way to improve your employees’ overall workplace experience. This small gesture shows that you care about your employees’ well-being by promoting personal hygiene. Whether you hire a professional service or do it yourself, the investment required is minimal in comparison to the significant impact it can have on the aesthetics and functionality of your office.
Must-Do Things for a Smart Bathroom Design
Corporate bathrooms are built differently than regular bathrooms. If you are building one or already have one, here is a list of must-dos for a smart bathroom design.
- Efficient Layout: An efficient layout is a key factor in creating a functional and comfortable bathroom environment. Proper placement of essential elements such as the sink, toilet, and shower can enhance privacy, maximise space, and optimise user experience. Many people appreciate bathrooms that provide a sense of openness, space, and ventilation, making it important to consider these factors when planning bathroom layout.
- Durable Materials: Incorporating durable materials into your bathroom can provide significant benefits in terms of longevity, strength, and resistance. Materials such as copper, bronze, engineered quartz, and polymer not only deliver a high return on investment, but also save money that can be allocated to other areas of your business.
- Adequate Lighting: Adequate lighting is a critical aspect of any bathroom, yet it is often overlooked. Proper lighting ensures a safe and comfortable environment, while also aiding in various tasks. It is important to incorporate lighting into your bathroom based on its layout and any critical black spots.
- Storage Solutions: Cluttered bathrooms can be unsightly and difficult to navigate. Wall-mounted racks, hangers, or cabinets can all be effective solutions for storing toilet accessories and other items. With the right storage solutions in place, you can maintain a tidy and organised bathroom space.
- Proper Ventilation: By allowing outside air to circulate, ventilation helps to remove dust, bad odours, and bacteria that can thrive in damp conditions. While proper ventilation should be considered during the design and construction phase of a bathroom, there are various technologies and solutions available to retrofit existing bathrooms as well.
- Water-Saving Measures: With water resources becoming increasingly scarce, corporations can do their part by investing in water-saving equipment, such as smart faucets and sensors. Taking small steps towards water conservation can lead to a big impact on the environment and the future of our planet.
As a corporate business or office, it’s important to prioritise the design and maintenance of bathroom spaces. Starting with a well-planned layout that considers factors such as the number of people using the bathroom and the types of plumbing assets required can make a significant difference. Small changes such as adding plants or artwork can enhance the overall experience of using the space. By taking extra care towards your corporate bathroom design, you can create a welcoming and functional environment for your employees and visitors.